On Tuesday, July 2, at 2:00 pm “Inside The Law” on ESPN 1700 AM interviewed JoAnn C Little of Triad Divorce Mediation along with Dr. Debra Dupree. They discussed how Triad Divorce Mediation was different from traditional methods of divorce and how important the psychological and social aspects of the brain affect negotiations within the context of divorce. It was an informative and inspiring interview.
[soundcloud url=”https://api.soundcloud.com/tracks/214148885″ params=”auto_play=false&hide_related=false&show_comments=true&show_user=true&show_reposts=false&visual=true” width=”100%” height=”450″ iframe=”true” /]
The Dayton Chapter of Women of Teradata recently sponsored a webinar on Emotional Intelligence by Dr. Debra Dupree, Relationships at Work, Inc. on April 8, 2015.
This program was designed to educate and enhance awareness of participants on how to build Emotional Intelligence at home and at work. We looked at the neuroscience behind behavior and how to manage emotions when working under pressure. The relationship to managing multiple projects and meeting deadlines was explored so that participants know how to deliver their best, even in chaotic times.
What do we gain when we do this? In the workplace, we can better manage relationships, become more adept in our social interactions, and know how we impact others with our emotions. This leads to better performance, profitability and genuine happiness!
For those were unable to attend, or would like to listen to the presentation, here is a link to the recording and a PDF of the slides. For a PDF of additional resources provided by Dr. D. following the web seminar, click here to contact her for more information.
Archived Webex (streaming recorded link, 58 minutes)
March 11-12, 2015: Two days with the United States Marine Corps Logistic Base (MCLB), Barstow, CA and Dr. Debra Dupree, sponsored by SKILLPATH Corporate Strategies.
A good leader is the lifeblood of any organization. Under his or her direction, your team knows where it’s headed, understands what’s expected and gets the job done. Goals are met and success is achieved. It’s a “both-gain” outcome in the end.
I worked with 20 leaders at MCLB over two days in March and we laughed, we learned, we explored, and uncovered the challenges to being great leaders. It was invigorating to see the eyes light up and energy level soar as participants gained insight and new learning as to the possibilities available. We took real life problems and came up with solutions on what to do differently moving forward. Here’s what the folks at MCLB learned:
- How to inspire their teams to achieve true greatness—personally, professionally and for their organization.
- How to make decisions quickly, rationally and appropriately for their organization.
- How to overcome barriers by confidently overseeing and guiding all levels of employee performance.
- The secrets and strategies that make a successful and effective leader.
- How to gain leadership confidence to effectively command groups, large or small .
- Understanding leadership styles and how to best use it to their group’s advantage.
- Removing the barriers to creative leadership thinking and problem solving.
- Building solid teams that can dramatically multiply their chances for success.
- Learning the latest performance management tools.
- How to minimize and solve performance problems early.
No matter what you’ve already achieved, no matter where you are in the organization, no matter what your leadership goals may be, you can profit from learning more about focused leadership philosophy, leadership excellence, emotional intelligence, communication skills building and practical application of what you learn. Just like all of us know how to breathe, few of us do it really effectively. Is this what happens to your leadership?
Here’s what a couple of key participants had to say as we wrapped things up…
“Eloquently and magnificently presented! Unique and creative delivery style while clearly teaching the message. Dr. Dupree is a gift as a presenter and has instilled very positive and enriching changes that I am motivated to implement and reflect on daily. Please bring her back!“
– S. Lamey, Division Head, Fitness/Wellness/Health Promotion
“Dr. Dupree did an excellent job. I have a hard time buying into philosophies normally, and tend to “critical think” them to death. This information was logical and presented in a way that I like to learn.”
– P. Frisbie, Financial Management Analyst, Marine Corps Logistics Base
Is this what you would like to hear your leadership say? Contact me now to bring me to YOUR organization. Schedule your complimentary 30-minute consultation to take the next step!
Dr. Debra Dupree is a business mediator and leadership coach with over 25 years of experience. Dr. Dupree brings humor, insight, and to leadership development as a motivational speaker, psychotherapist for executives, and conflict coach. Contact her now to learn more about what she uncovered in her 2014 Doctoral Dissertation on the psychology of good bosses versus bad bosses.
Recent Blog Posts
- Positive Persuasion and Overcoming Fear…Making the Sale March 11, 2017
- Managing Generational Differences with Regina Bernal March 6, 2017
- The Science of BLISS…3 tips for making it come alive in your relationships February 9, 2017
- 3 tips on how to get out of your rut and get unstuck December 18, 2016
- Emotional Intelligence for Professional Success: What I Learned From Dr. Debra Dupree of Relationships at Work December 18, 2016