Gregg Relyea joins the MINDSET Doc, Dr. D, on MINDSET Mondays to uncover some shifts in mindsets that help employers reduce lawsuits when it comes to employee with medical conditions in the workplace.
Gregg is a full-time Harvard-trained mediator who helps people resolve their disputes. He teaches negotiation and mediation at the University of San Diego School of Law, California Western School of Law, and UC San Diego.
Professor Relyea specializes in mediating complex cases involving employment disputes, commercial disputes, and insurance disputes. Dr. D brings Gregg to MINDSET Mondays given the impact of his practices on The Interactive Process (TIP)! Here’s what you’ll learn:
1. What are some techniques of professional listening employers can use during an interactive process?
2. How can employers learn about an employee’s specific needs for accommodation?
3. What are some of the ways an employer can conduct a productive conversation about accommodation?
4. How can an employer use the technique of “acknowledgment” during an interactive process?
5. What are some of the barriers to a productive conversation during an interactive process and how can they be overcome?
Not only is Gregg collaborating with Dr. D in making a difference in the workplace, Prof. Relyea has co-authored a trilogy of illustrated children’s books for 3 – to 12-years-old that demonstrates ways to work out everyday problems and conflicts. Let’s start by shifting the mindset of the next generation and equip them with skills to manage conflict better than their parents and grandparents!
The books are available on Amazon.com, Kindle, and Barnes & Noble. They are the first children’s books to be listed on the website for Harvard Law School’s Program on Negotiation.